FracTracker Forum

A place to discuss issues related to natural gas extraction

You are not connected. Please login or register

Selling points: ending foreign "dependence"?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Selling points: ending foreign "dependence"? on Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:35 pm

Eric Belcastro

I've seen so many numbers thrown around at panel discussions from industry that I'm wondering if any would like to share their understanding regarding how much of the Marcellus gas will be exported vs. used domestically? I've also heard Range Resources claim America will become a giant exporter, but have also heard that in many foreign markets the Marcellus gas isn't competitive. It's really hard to make heads or tails of it, as most of the information available seems to be coming from industry.

Matt Kelso

Eric Belcastro wrote:I've seen so many numbers thrown around at panel discussions from industry that I'm wondering if any would like to share their understanding regarding how much of the Marcellus gas will be exported vs. used domestically? I've also heard Range Resources claim America will become a giant exporter, but have also heard that in many foreign markets the Marcellus gas isn't competitive. It's really hard to make heads or tails of it, as most of the information available seems to be coming from industry.

That's a good question. I don't have any idea how they determine how much gas is in the Marcellus. Everything regarding exporting, I would think, hinges on the accuracy that.

http://www.fractracker.org/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum